Monday, September 27, 2010

My own...

I’m going to do it! I’m going to start my own business... I don't know what yet but I have been inspired. During my teaching today I ran across a book about kids who have started their own businesses and I thought “hey! If they can do it, so can I." And so the idea was born. I shared the thought with my students upon which I got many helpful suggestions on where to start. One student said “you should make peanut butter and then give me free peanut butter for life." another helpful idea was blurted out, “You should make a power plant and create electro-magnetic stuff." The suggestion that really hit home was logical and was presented though the loudest and most powerful burst of energy..."YOU SHOULD WORK AT WALMART!" I’m glad my students support my new idea. With all of their suggestions in my pocket I prepare to get started.

More seriously I’m thinking about (in order of interest) cultural children's books, helpful classroom tools that express cultural awareness, jewelry, wall hangings, scrapbooking cards.

It has just begun... I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Danielle, this is too funny.
I love the heart that you have <3